Friday 1 August 2014

Top 5 Friday: YA contempory

I'm currently on holiday in America!!! (Yes, it's amazing!)So that means not very regular posting, sorry. I'm currently on a train with free wifi, so here I am! But don't worry I'm still going to do a top 5 Friday, and this week it's YA contempory. (These are in no particular order). I also apologise for the lack of links, but it's really difficult to do them on my phone! 

1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steve Chbosky
This is a must read! A classic coming of age story about wallflower Charlie, and how he grows out of his wallflower-ness. It also has a pretty good film, but read the book first!

2. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
John green had to be here, and this is my favourite of his. Along with David Levithan he has written a really funny and heartwarming story about two boys, both called Will Grayson. I read this a while ago, so I can only really remember that I loved it!

3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart 
This book was so mysterious and clever. But it also made me put things into perspective and think. That's all you're getting!! Just read it.

4. Wonder by R.J Palacio
This is another one which really made me think, and cry! It covered a really interesting issue and I think revealed a lot about human nature. My review is linked here

5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 
OMG this book. It was the cutest thing ever without being too shallow and ditsy. It also made me want to move to paris sooo much. I'd better get onto learning French!

I now realise that most of these books aren't your typical contemporary books, but I love them all! 

What are your favourite contemporary books? Do you order shallow books or books that make you think? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment