Saturday 16 August 2014

Top 5 Friday: Tear-Jerkers

This weeks top 5 friday is a list of the top 5 books which have made me cry. I am quite am emotional person, and can get very attached to fictional. This means I cry at maybe 30% of the books I read. Oops! There is quite a mix here, some more predictable and some just me being emotional! They're in no particular order, but these are the top 5. Let's get started.

1. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
This book is so sad! No one dies, its juste so sad and tense. I think I cried more because I had to wait for the Hour of Hades to come out for so long, I just wanted to know what happened to my beloved Percabeth. Seriously, how could Rick Riordan do that?! It was (nearly) killing me.

2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
This was just so sad. The event in question was inevitable, but that didn't make it less sad. I absolutely loved this trilogy, much more than the mortal instruments, so read it!

3.Looking for Alaska by John Green
I cried on the one much more than The Fault in our Stars. I just found it more relatable and sad, because it was so shocking what happened.

4. Light by Michael Grant
People die in this. A lot of people. Including my favourite character. I cried. That's it, in the whole series there are a lot of deaths an it's very sad. I love this series so much! Basically you have to read it.

5. Wonder by R.J Palacio
This book is so endearing, yet so unbelievably sad at the same time. It revealed how harsh human nature can make us at times but gave me so much hope. This is one where I cried both happy and sad tears.

Ok, sorry for the lack of posting again, I'm still super busy! I'm about to go camping for a week, so there still won't be any regular posting. See you soon!

How is your summer? Which book has made you cry the most? Do you cry at books?


1 comment:

  1. I need to read Clockwork Princess, I don't know why I haven't done it yet. The cover is just so beautiful and I need to know how it all ends.

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete