Friday 11 July 2014

Classics TBR

I love classics, and for somebody who loves reading classics as much as I do I read embarrassingly little. Why? You proboably ask and to be frankly honest I'm not entirely sure. I think its' because classics aren't particularly easy reads, whereas YA books take minimal effort to complete for me. Thought I think I often forget just how rewarding I find it when I'm finished and can think about what I've read. So, in an effort to read more classics I've complied a TBR of classics that  feel guilty about not reading, and really want to get me teeth stuck into. 

1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

I feel pretty bad about not reading this yet. It's been sitting on my bookshelf for years just waiting patiently to be read. I attempted to start it about a month ago, but feel asleep, so put it back down. (It was very late and I was tired, it was nothing personal towards the book!)





2. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

I don't really know what this one is about, but my english teacher keeps telling me to read. My teacher seems to have a pretty similar taste to me in books, so I think I should give it a go. 





3. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Like most people, I absolutely love the BBC TV series. But, also like most people, I almost always read the book before I see the film. This is an exception and I have to sort that out. I've heard mixed reviews of this, but I'm prepared to look past those and just concentrate on trying not to let my modern view on Sherlock Holmes change my perspective on the story. 

4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Considering most of my friends are Lord of the Rings superfans, I feel extremely bad for not reading this, and lying to them about it... oops. In truth I have read half of this, but when I was about 9 and too young to appreciate it. So it's about time I read it before I have to think of an excuse not to attend another their Hobbit film marathons!

5. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I have read and loved Pride and Prejudice, and have been meaning to read this for ages. I have heard that it's better than my beloved Pride and Prejudice, so want to test the theory!






So that is my classics TBR. However these are only the top 5 (in no particular order) because I don't want to drown in Classics 

Do you have any recommendations for me? What's your favourite classic? Leave your answers in the comment section! 




No comments:

Post a Comment